Manages the day-to-day operations of a restaurant, ensuring guest and employee satisfaction. Develops, directs, and supervises hourly Team Members and Assistant Managers to attain sales and profit objectives while maintaining the highest standards of quality food, beverage, service, cleanliness, organization, and sanitation.
- Responsible for promoting the Core Values & Disciplines of the Company.
- Sets the standard for the restaurant through leadership by example.
- Manages operations of the restaurant.
- Thorough understanding of all Company policies, procedures, and operating standards.
- Ensures compliance with operational standards, Company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Oversees and assists with the inventory, purchasing, receiving and storage of Company specified products.
- Supervises the quality of food prep, limited time offers (LTO’s), raw product specifications, and Company standards.
- Ensures a harassment free environment for all Team Members and Managers by communicating frequently with all team members and addressing concerns immediately.
- Clearly communicates Company direction to all personnel.
- Resolves all guest complaints, striving for a flawless recovery to build brand loyalty.
- Trains, coaches, and counsels Team Members and facilitates their development.
- Manages new hires and changes of status for Team Members to ensure accurate and timely payroll and record-keeping. All employees paid for all hours worked.
- Oversees local event representation of the brand.
- Oversees and assists in developing of all marketing efforts within the restaurant.
- Responsible for rolling out new menus, products and promotions.
- Maintains professional restaurant and Team Member image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Upholds safety and security standards at all times.
- Hires, supervises, develops, and when necessary, terminates Team Members.
- Creates management schedules, following established Company guidelines and procedures, while maintaining established budgetary guidelines.
- Oversees the scheduling of Team Members, making sure there are sufficient workers present to cover peak service periods within approved budgetary guidelines, while working toward eliminating Team Member turnover and overtime.
- Ensures security of the restaurant and its contents.
- Monitors and maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of all restaurant areas.
- Ensures building, equipment, furniture and fixtures are in good repair, clean and maintained on a regular basis.
- Ensures that all operations, recipe and specifications books are current and maintained.
- Overall P & L awareness and accountability.
Minimum 2 years experience working as General Manager in a similar restaurant concept or successful Assistant Manager with Spoleto.
Successful completion of Management Training Program is required.
Maintains a Valid Serv Safe Health Card or equivalent
Lives our Core Values & Disciplines.
Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
Excellent interpersonal/listening/communication skills.
Excellent problem resolution/guest recovery skills.
Attention to detail and analytical skills.
Inspires cooperation and teamwork through self-confidence, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
Able to remain positive and calm under stressful conditions.
Experienced and proficient in the use of basic computer technology, e.g. POS systems, Microsoft Office programs, and similar.
Strong commitment to serving others.
Willing to extend themselves to the guests they serve – Wanting to become friends with their guests – Hospitable.
Genuinely warm and sensitive/polite.
Exhibits neat, clean and professional image at all times.
Committed to professional and personal self-development.